Monday, January 25, 2016

The Truth is Out There and It's Never Been More Wonderful!!


So, Mulder and Scully came back last night! Woo-hoo!!! I was so excited last night I actually think my pulse went up.

However, I think my local station didn't think I could handle the truth as they cut away to Modern Family (ack!) at 8 pm PST. Why did they think putting it on directly after the football game was a good idea. I could understand if it had been aired on right after the game. But how many people watch the game after it's over? You know, all that garbage with the Fox Sports guys and the confetti and everything? Don't most football fans turn off the TV once the final second is over and we know who won? Yes, Carolina fans may have... but still...

But, I digress. I haven't felt this excited about a TV program since... well, since May 19, 2002. (And I didn't even really like the last few seasons of the X-Files. The first 4 were the best.)

But, now they're back! Full disclosure I am an unrepentant 'Shipper! So, of course, I am looking out for  all the interpersonal stuff you can get between Mulder and Scully.



So the bits I did get to watch were great last night. It's not only seeing them again. It's hearing that great banter. I missed their arguments where neither one gives an inch. And Skinner! CSM! (Though I'm not sure about the smarmy Fox News guy.) Too bad Krycek couldn't come back, it's been a long time since I saw Mulder beat the crap out of a guy.

The bits they dropped. Mulder talking about "for better or worse". And what kind of depression was it that made them break up? Were they actually married? Are they still? After all, Scully's a Catholic.

But that's the joy of the X-Files. We never get all the answers. When they were on before I would have people at work ask me all these questions. I had to laugh. If you want all the questions answered, you were watching the wrong show.

So, I am just excited about this. Can you tell? My heart is speeding up just thinking about the X-Files. Even if it is a short redux. Just having stories this good and characters this wonderful is such a change from all the dreck you normally get on tv. Hopefully my heart will stand up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment